There’s one thing we all have in common here at the Adult Day Care Center. We are not in good mental health condition and many of us are getting treated for our illnesses on a daily basis. Through medication and people who surround us to help us.
Therapy provides the tools and strategies to navigate what is going on in life. Enacting real change in the way we think, behave, and cope on a daily basis.
Since I have been back; getting along with my roommates has been pretty difficult.
Mental Health Advice
- Try writing your feelings and thoughts down:
- Put a positive spin on being super stressed and overwhelmed. Pressure can challenge and motivate us.
- Plan daily low key walks – step away from what you are doing and get some air. Get out of your head and into the world.
- Counter negative thoughts with positive ones. They don’t have to consume you.
- Write 2 Good things when stuck in a negative thought spiral: hit pause and broaden focus when really upset. Think of things that bring joy, your proud of, & someone who loves you. Think gratitude.
- Self-Care: Whatever works for you.
- Talk back to your inner voice: the way you talk to yourself in your head or out loud! Learning how to have reassuring & soothing inner voice.
- Ask yourself & then what? When your stuck on an anxious thought.
- Check alcohol and drug habits.
- Have a bedtime ritual.
Accept & Honor Yourself For Who You Are Right Now:
Accept difficulties and who we are right now. While respecting everything we’ve been through led to who we are.